Thursday, April 16, 2009

Completely Self-Indulgent

I don't know about you, but whenever it's my birthday I feel completely justified in being overtly self-indulgent. It's like overnight I lose all sense of self-control and approach every temptation with, "Come on, it's your birthday. You can do whatever you want." So, yesterday when I woke up, I started to think of which forbidden urges my "birthday mentality" was going to fulfill. Should I go park my car illegally and wait for the parking attendant to come so I can steal his little three wheel mobile and drive it into the ocean? Should I put an "Out of Order" sign on the elevator just to infuriate the old people in my building a little more? (Our unreliable elevator has led to some heated conversations in the lobby, which I always seem to get caught in because I live on the first floor and because they think I "care.") Should I go get a pizza, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, peanut butter and Wheatthins for lunch and then take a nap until the hubby comes home? So, many options.

Well, as great as these thoughts were, I'm sad to report that I didn't get into an awesome altercation with a parking attendant, nor did I mess with the geriatric population of my building. I did, however, not shower until six, ate whatever I wanted, got a massage, answered my phone for only birthday wishes and ate a ridiculously fattening dinner. All in all a good day.

1 comment:

OC Daimyo said...

Your editor/publisher approves of this post.