Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday's Random Thought: Dog People and Baby People

For Fridays I've decided to give you a random thought I had in the course of the week.  Some of these random thoughts become blog posts and some just stay floating there. Here's one of them:

I always hated how dog people felt the need to stop and talk to other dog people.  It's like just because you both pick up poop in a plastic bag doesn't mean you should stop and have a moment together.  And then I had a kid and all of the sudden I find myself stopping people with babies, and instead of allowing my baby to sniff their baby, I hear myself asking the dumbest questions: "So, how old?  Oh yeah, how much did they weigh when they were born?  Eating solids yet?"

I got to stop.  A stranger and me had a baby around the same time of year - It's not like we both shared the experience of surviving a bank robbery.  Move along.

1 comment:

SkippyMom said...

Don't worry. Knowing you this will pass quick enough.

It isn't until the kids are grown that you find yourself practically molesting new Moms in the grocer because you can't believe the 15 year old trailing behind you and spouting out random, nonsensical thoughts [when DID we teach THAT one to talk? Bad move], was actually as cute as the that baby you just saw on the diaper aisle. [Which you will walk down at my age just in the hopes that you see a baaaabeeee]

I am under strict instructions to never be allowed to hold a baby. Anyone's baby. My husband doesn't really want the hassle of kidnapping charges and all that.

And I have a dog. And no, I don't want to talk to you. :D

Off to click. Thanks for writing so often. YAY!