Thursday, January 7, 2010

2009 in Review

I know I'm a week into 2010, but I wanted to take a moment and reflect on 2009. It was quite a year. I was awarded my first yellow card as a coach for yelling out, "You are absolutely horrible," during a strange moment of silence during our BYU game. I became a tip whore at a local restaurant here in Santa Monica. I passed out at work and still have to smile when people say, "Hey, you aren't going to pass out on me?" I spent two weeks in bed contemplating the origin of man, why the girls on Gossip Girl are always so well dressed and if I could develop bed sores by laying in one position for a long period of time. Got some golf clubs, got a hole in one, damaged some greens after some missed puts and loss a whole hell of a lot of balls into some dangerous waters. Met some D-listers, saw U2 in Vegas, surfed in Hawaii, rode some miles in St. George and enjoyed my life with Mr. Bubbles. (name has been changed to protect the privacy of my husband). Like I said, it was a good year.

And, just in case anyone out there cares...here's a little "Best of 2009"

Top Five Songs of 2009 (Not particularly 2009 songs, but ones I enjoyed a great deal) :
1. "Let Your Loss Be Your Lesson" Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
2. "My Love For You is Real" Ryan Adams
3. "American Boy" Estelle
4. "Burning Love" Elvis Presley
5. "Don't Forget Sister" Low vs. Diamond

Top Five Movies of 2009:
1. (500) Days of Summer
2. Blood Diamond (yeah, I just finally saw it)
3. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
4. Duplicity
5. Doubt

Top Books of 2009:
1. East of Eden
2. Michael Jackson: Unauthorized Biography
3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
4. My Sister's Keeper
5. Barbara Walters: Lifelong Audition

Top TV Shows of 2009:
1. Friday Night Lights
2. Modern Family
3. Cougartown
4. The Bachelor
5. 24

Favorite Picture of 2009:


Sadly, that's all I got.

No comments: