Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lacrosse Is A Total Lie

The other day I was attaching a throat protector onto my goalie's helmet. While sifting through the many screws, diagrams and directions I stumbled upon a small insert entitled "Helmet Safety Booklet." Because my dear father always preached the importance of safety, I decided to see if there was anything I was missing about constructing an ordinary lacrosse helmet.

After a couple page, I realized three things: 1. I didn't know the truth behind the sport I loved. (The following is taken from "Helmet Safety Booklet")

Yeah, death! I've played this reckless sport since I was five. My parents encouraged me. I went to college on a scholarship to play this forsaken sport...and NOW I'm finding out that I could have died? I feel like I've been lied to my entire life. Thanks Safety Booklet for finally having the conversation everyone was afraid to have.


2. What a concussion is:Ahh, yes, thank you for breaking it down into layman terms.

AND 3.I learned that bad actions can have some nasty consequences:...one wrong hit could ruin your life...for..ev..errrr. Who knew? WHO knew?

I never said my sense of humor made sense.