Monday, January 11, 2010

Realistic Resolutions

I swear every year it is the same - February through December - The usual suspects at the gym - January - everyone and their mother. I wish everyone would just be honest with themselves and make realistic resolutions. That way I wouldn't have to work out behind "Man who ate burrito for lunch and didn't realize circulation in gym isn't that good," or watch, "Woman who is curling five pound for ten minutes with a look of confusion on her face." (Yes, my nicknames for stupid people sound like something an old Indian chief would say.)

I mean seriously, if you are going to make a resolution do something you can actually accomplish. For example, here are my resolutions and how I plan on accomplishing them.

1. I'm going to stop swearing by using more hand gestures.

2. I'm going to stop snacking after eight by snacking more at 7:59. It doesn't count if it is already in your mouth.

3. I'm going to watch less TV by watching more online.

4. I'm going to stop making inappropriate comments at church by not sitting with my husband anymore.

See realistic goals. People this isn't rocket surgery.

1 comment:

SkippyMom said...

"I'm going to stop making inappropriate comments at church by not sitting with my husband anymore."

I need a bumper sticker that says this. Just so Father Paul can walk by the van and nod his head in agreement. He loves me tho'.

He does.

What? ;)