Sunday, May 31, 2009

A World Class Librarian

The other day I went to the library to check out a new book. After aimlessly walking around for a couple of minutes, I decided to ask the librarian if there are any books she would recommend. Now you tell me how bizarre this conversation was...

Kate: Excuse me, I'm looking for a new book and was wondering if you have any recommendations.

Librarian: What kind of books do you typically like?

Kate: Well, I've been reading a lot of biographies and I try to read some classics.

Librarian: Do you like anything with hard sex and language?

Kate: (Completely dumbfounded) Um, no not really.

Librarian: Yeah, that stuff can be awkward to listen to.

Kate: (Searching for the exits) You know I'll just go over there and look.

Now, here's my question: How in the world did this crazy librarian jump from me saying I read biographies and classics to being interested in hardcore sex books? And more importantly, does the public library at Santa Monica carry a lot of hardcore sex books? And is this an untapped genre I've been missing out on?

No comments: