Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Love These Jeans...I'm Headed for the Sink

The other day I was riding my bike home from work, and yes, I do now stop at every stop sign, fire a rifle, hold out some flares and then cross through the dangerous intersection - thank you Redondo Beach police force for ruining the joys of commuting on a bike - ANYWAY, sorry about that passive aggressive diatribe. What was I saying? Oh yes, I was riding my bike down Broadway, between 4th and 5th, if you local Santa Monicans were curious, when I saw a ridiculous ad for Joe's Jeans. Just how ridiculous was this ad? Well, basically it showed a strung out chick, wearing a pair of jeans and nothing on top. Now, I get the whole edgy attempt here, but the thing that bothered me the most was that she was sitting in a sink, looking at herself in the mirror. Really? Come on Joe's Jeans. What chick, who hasn't been snorting coke all morning, would decide your jeans were so cool she had, I mean had, to take off her shirt and go sit in the sink? Really? Just for that I will not be buying Joe's Jeans. I mean, my sink isn't even that big.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

that firing of the rifle and holding flares got me roaring.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like Italian advertising has made it to CA

Me said...

I'm a little embarrassed.....I was sitting in my sink while I read this. Please don't judge me. ps. Great Post!