I wouldn't call myself a "goal setter." If anything, I sort of hate the whole "I'm going to change my life by writing down some stupid things I'm probably never going to do." I remember each year in college my coach used to make me write down five things I wanted to accomplish during the season. I would inevitably write things like, "I want to score more, improve my left hand and become faster." I really should have written a personal note to myself that read, "Stop dating that abusive moron you call your boyfriend, and try writing your papers sooner than the night before." I think those goals would have been more important and beneficial to my college experience.
Anyway, it's a new year, and as much as I hate the whole resolution thing, I have been thinking of some things I would like to accomplish in 2009. Again, I'm about as optimistic as a man swimming with sharks is of not getting killed, that I'll actually reach these goals, but maybe I'll set a goal to reach my goals. Does that even work?
Anyway, in order to maximize success, I've chosen five resolutions that I think I'll be able to achieve in 2009. Life is about small steps right?
- I will Tivo all of 24 before watching the show. I watched 24 week to week last time and it just wasn't the same.
- I will drink more water. I sometimes go all day on a diet of pretzels, cereal and licorice. You wouldn't believe how parched I get by dinner.
- I will finish my wedding video. So, it's been two years since I was married.
- I will stop lashing out at reality TV contestants...even when you pick the wrong 15 bachelorettes to begin the show. Come on Jason didn't Deanna teach you anything!?
- I've been doing a really good job at wearing my retainer to bed. I think I'm going to continue that even though my hubby insists I tell him a story every time I place those little tortures in my mouth. *
* Come to think of it, I would like to create a resolution for him: to stop laughing when I can't pronounce my "th" and "s" sounds when I'm wearing my retainers.