Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Take That E

The other day I was watching the mind numbing channel of E and came across their award winning segment on "The Biggest Scandals of 2008."  Before I could quickly turn off the TV and read the dictionary I was sucked in.  I mean, I don't think any of us saw Lindsay Lohan going gay.  Shocking.  Anyway, this show got me thinking about the past year and the scandals I haven't fully divulged on this blog.  No, I kid...and you will never hear those stories...it made me think of my own list for 2008.  So, I know this is a little late, but what can I say I was inspired by the network that not only gives you The Girls Next Door, but also a look into Snoop Dogg's home.  

The following will probably bore you to death, but I love lists so stay with me.

Best Books of 2008
  1. Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig  (Best sequel to Gone With The Wind I've ever read) 
  2. Down At The End of Lonely Street: The Life and Death of Elvis Presley by Peter Brown
  3. Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger 
Best Days of 2008
  1. All-Star Loaded Questions on New Year's Eve
  2. Eating the greatest pizza in St. Mark's Square in Venice, Italy
  3. My Birthday with Danny
  4. Talking to my sister on the phone for almost three hours one day.
Best Quote of 2008
"I know you love your animals, but don't make me pet them."

Coolest Places I Saw in 2008
  1. Four Seasons private beach in Costa Rica
  2. Private Gardens of the Pope behind The Vatican
  3. The Narrows at Zion National Park with Barb
  4. Riding through Snow Canyon in St. George, Utah after 45 miles of a head wind.
Most Surprising Moments of 2008
  1. I took up golf.
  2. As coordinated as I think I am, I really can't surf all that well.
  3. Lindsay Lohan is now gay.
Best Songs of 2008
  1. "You are the Best Thing" - Ray LaMontagne
  2. "Put it On Me" - Ben Harper
  3. "Right as Rain" - Adele
  4. "The Underdog" - Spoon
Best TV Shows of 2008
  1. Friday Night Lights
  2. Mad Men
  3. Gossip Girl
  4. 30 Rock
Guilty Pleasures of 2008
  1. Blog stalking people in my old ward.
  2. Lipstick Jungle
  3. Twilight
Alright we've all endured enough.  Happy New Year?


1 comment:

Lindsay Jane said...

Maybe the two of us can start a petition to keep Lipstick Jungle alive.

Oh, and consider this my Christmas present to you:

http://brokencontrollers.com/forums/friday-night-lights-online-xyb39