Monday, April 18, 2011

32 and 3 Days

So, on Friday I turned the big 32. 32. Ah, that sounds old. At least my life plan, I made for myself fifteen years ago, is working out perfectly.

1. Wearing an apron every day and asking, "Do you want bacon or sausage with that?" - Check.
2. Living in a 1 bedroom apartment with a hot guy. - Check.
3. Having no sight of children. - Check.
4. Mildly healthy gums. - Check.

(I didn't set very high standards for myself. It was the mid 90s.)

Okay, seriously my birth day (yes, two words) was awesome. And here's the pictures to prove it.

First, I woke up at 6:15 and was unable to go back to bed. I'm not sure if I was just excited for my birthday, or I'm now so old, I'm incapable of sleeping in. Do I get to start watching Matlock?

After breakfast, I read for awhile and then drove up to Malibu for a ride up in the mountains.
Here's some pictures of my ride and views. 2 Hours, 1,600 feet climbed and 3 snakes spotted.













And then, because I'm old, after my ride I got a massage. I don't know about you, but whenever I get a massage I always have two thoughts, ONE: "This feels so good that I don't even care if he beats children after work, I really think I'm in love with this man." No? Just me? TWO: "Sure, I'm in love with this man and his hands, but do I really need to tip him 50%?" (Honestly, what is that about? All over the room are signs that read: "Tipping Recommendations" - which mind you, recommend about $30.00 for a $47.00 massage. I mean, this is good, but he's not giving me the secret to life.)

Once the tipping quandary was crossed, the husband and I went to dinner at Bandera. (Please said with a creepy Spanish accent.) What can I say? I thought I had experienced my best meal last year at Mastros, but this was unbelievable. Ribs, chicken, slaw, cornbread, cobbler - my mouth is watering as I write this. Honestly, this restaurant makes me want to live to see my 33rd birthday...and become ridiculously rich, so I can casually say to the husband on Tuesday night, "Hey what about swinging over to Banderas?"

3 comments:

Ru said...

So what I want to know is when tipping became state-dependent. Isn't tipping supposed to be a standard percentage? Back in AZ, the "suggested tips" for a massage were definitely higher than here in Utah -- but 50% is cuh-razy. And it can't even really be a cost of living argument, since tips are already a percentage, which should take the fact that some states are more expensive into account.

(I think about that way more than I should.)

SkippyMom said...

If I haven't said - HAPPYBIRTHDAY! yes one word ;D

A massage sounds like a dream. Never had one, but.....

I am a great tipper - having been in the restaurant biz for years and my husband is in the service industry, but that is just obscene in any situation. And I realize some people are cheap and don't tip, so those signs mean nothing to them, regardless - and only serve to tick people like me off.

And, no fair - you have to share what you had for dinner. :D If you are drooling I wanna too!

Kjelstrom Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I'm glad you were born! You are old! :) Okay, so Bandara has our ALL TIME FAVORITE banana creme pie. Hayward and I just go there for it. Or sometimes get it take-out. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. We should go there EVERY Tuesday once we make our big bucks. :)