Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Grandfather

I know it sounds strange, but if I was to describe my grandfather I would say he was just a cool man. I know that sounds rather trite and superficial, but in this case I think it's quite fitting. Through the depression he played the piano and thrived in the big band scene, he married a beautiful woman, started Frost Drug in Kaysville, Utah and never lost his quick wit and sense of humor. He was also one of the hardest workers I ever saw. Until his last years he pushed himself to work outside and maintain his home.

This morning my grandfather passed away. As in many cases with our elderly generation, his passing is both sad and a celebration. It's sad because I no longer have a grandparent on this earth, and a celebration because of the reunion I know he is experiencing right now. He was quite a man and I'm proud to be his legacy.

Take care Grandpa.

2 comments:

Em said...

My thoughts are with you friend...

Heidi Louise said...

Hon I am so sorry! He was a great man(I can say that because he's related to you so he must be great, and because I met him once).

My thoughts and prayers are with you.