Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Excuse Me

Alright I'll admit it, I've been listening to the first book from the Twilight Series. And, I sort of like it. At first it was just an easy thing to listen to on my way from Salt Lake to LA, but then it became something more. So, listen up Emily Madsen because this is for you: I like the teenie bopper love story between a conflicted vampire and a misfit girl from Arizona. I like how the worst swear word to be muttered by Bella (yeah that's the protagonist) is "crow," and how there is a lot of hand holding instead of gratuitous sex scenes. I like how I can guess what is about to happen and the vocabulary used is not to difficult to understand. And, YES I read all the Harry Potter books! And, YES, I watched The Hills premier, and yes, I'm excited for the new 90210. And, YES, I sat through the entire movie of Catwoman, and yes, I still listen to Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation and find myself dancing in front of the mirror, and yes, I cry every freaking time they unveil the new home on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and yes, I think that Step Up 1 had better character development and writing, and yes, I still think Dirty Dancing is the best movie ever made, and yes, I floss every night, and yes, I wear my retainers still, and yes, I thought the Youth Conference during my 14th year was one of the greatest weekends of my life, and yes, I will probably read the other Twilight books. And yes, I'm voting for Edward.

So, yeah, I'm 29, and I have some guilty pleasures. Can we still be friends?

4 comments:

frances said...

i have been sleep-deprived for weeks, trying to get through the whole series (on book four now! light at the end of the tunnel!) and i say you don't need an excuse at all. this is real human drama we are talking about. and vampire drama, too. and i don't think any of us should be missing it. though you might change your mind about edward after "new moon"...

Em said...

It breaks my heart to hear such an intelligent women be so attracted to garbage. But, as the good man said "Love the sinner, not the sin."

Yes, we can still be friends, but only in spite of your weakness. I know that someday you will see the whole picture. That vampire books are for little boys in the south. And on that day, I will consider giving you your cool card back.

And princess, you can't put vampires in the same category as 90210. It's almost sacreligous.

Lindsay Jane said...

Em...I'm on team Kate with this one.

stephanielynn said...

So, I might lurk on your blog a little bit...but I had to reveal myself for this post. SO. FUNNY. I could not stop laughing because it's all true! Love it.