Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Why do bands do it? Why do they put out crappy music after a long career of great music? For example, why did Guns N' Roses follow up Use Your Illusions I and II with The Spaghetti Incident? Why didn't Axel consult with Slash about ending their careers in 1993? I think a healthy conversation would have been good for everyone.

Where does this disgust come from? Well, the other day I downloaded the new U2 album, No Line On the Horizon, and I'm...well, disappointed. Didn't the album Pop teach these guys anything? Don't they remember the critical acclaim Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, and All That You Can Leave Behind received? Why doesn't anyone consult with me? I think my brother, a die hard U2 fan, summed it up correctly when he said, "It just seems like they are trying too hard."

Therefore...

Dear Bono: Please make an Irish goodbye (Wikipedia this...very interesting) and go make another album.

Thanks. Kate

No comments: